Understanding how women travel in San José and in the Downtown area will be key to building a transportation system that works for everyone. This panel brings together experts in the transportation field in conversation with local community members:
- Dr. Asha Agrawal, Mineta Transportation Institute, San Jose State University
- Anastasia Loukaitou-Sideris, University of California at Los Angeles
- Marcia Cohen, San José Senior Commission
- Victoria Partido, San José Community Leader
- Lola Torney, Valley Transportation Authority
Historically, cities have often been planned by and for white men. Studies show that women often have different needs and travel patterns, and different concerns about safety, particularly when walking, biking, and taking transit. Our panel will explore the experience of women traveling within and to downtown San José, how the current transportation options do and do not serve them, and identify solutions to make our streets safer and create a transportation system that truly serves everyone.
Join by computer or smartphone.
Or dial in: +1 646 558 8656
Webinar ID: 827 6675 7288