ONLINE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
If you’d still like to attend, please email email@example.com, and we’ll send you the Zoom link.
Thank you to sponsors (click on their logo to find out more)!
We are honored to be joined by Senator Scott Wiener, who is up for reelection this November in California’s 11th Senate District. Senator Wiener will speak with attendees about upcoming infrastructure projects he supports, financial impacts from the pandemic that may affect all Californians, as well as answer your questions. For the second half of our webinar, we will hear from SFPW’s Acting Director Alaric Degrafinried. The event will be moderated by Darlene Gee, Senior Vice President at HTNB.
Senator Wiener – Building a better and safer California.
- What infrastructure projects and related funding will you be pushing?
- What infrastructure projects will the legislature and the Governor be pushing?
- What can our members and our organization can do to help move infrastructure projects along?
Director Degrafinried – Building a better and safer San Francisco.
- What is the public works department dealing with given the pandemic? Are you able to remain on schedule with projects, given the pandemic, people working from home, etc? is there anything our member firms and organization can do to help?
- What are some work/projects in the pipeline.
- How is funding of these projects affected given the pandemic?
Speaker: Senator Scott Wiener represents San Francisco and northern San Mateo County in the California State Senate. Elected in 2016, Senator Wiener focuses extensively on housing, transportation, civil rights, criminal justice reform, clean energy, and alleviating poverty. He chairs the Senate Housing Committee and also chairs the California Legislative LGBTQ Caucus. Before being elected to the Senate, Senator Wiener served as a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, representing the district previously represented by Harvey Milk, and chaired the SFCTA. Before being elected to office, Senator Wiener practiced law for 15 years, including nearly a decade as a Deputy City Attorney in the San Francisco City Attorneys Office. He also served in a number of community leadership roles, including co-chair of the San Francisco LGBT Community Center and on the national Board of Directors of the Human Rights Campaign. Senator Wiener has lived in San Francisco’s Castro neighborhood since 1997. He received degrees from Duke University and Harvard Law School and spent a year in Chile on a Fulbright Scholarship.
Speaker: Alaric Degrafinried was appointed Acting Director of Public Works on January 28, 2020. He joined the City in 2007 as Contract Compliance Officer with the Human Rights Commission and then managed the commission’s Local Business Enterprise Division. He moved to the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission in 2011 to manage professional services contracts and was promoted to manager of the agency’s Contract Administration Bureau. He joined the San Francisco Office of Contract Administration in 2017 as deputy director and assumed the top post and the role of City Purchaser in 2018. Mr. Degrafinried grew up in Denver and after graduating from the University of Colorado at Boulder with a bachelor’s degree in accounting. However, after seven years there, he knew he wanted to do more with his life, which included giving back to the community.
Moderator: Darlene Gee, PE is a Senior Vice-President with HNTB Corporation. She is located in the San Francisco Bay Area and is part of HNTBs national practice. Ms. Gee has more than 40 years of experience in consulting engineering for public and private sector organizations in the San Francisco Bay Area. She specializes in transportation, and has had responsible charge for the planning, design, and construction management of over $6 billion of new and rehabilitated Bay Area transit, rail, highway and bridge projects during her career. Additionally, Darlene is an elected official currently serving as the Mayor for the City of Orinda.
THREE SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES STILL AVAILABLE!
- Company name / logo printed on promotional materials
- Shoutout on our LinkedIn page
- Opportunity to provide a one-minute firm overview at the start of the event
- Opportunity for one person from your firm to network with Alaric Degrafinried directly for 15 minutes through a Zoom breakout room after the webinar