Now more than ever, it is important that we build sustainable, resilient infrastructure that benefits our communities and environment. The topic of this presentation is Envision, a rating system developed by the Institute for Sustainable Infrastructure and supported by ASCE, ACEC, and APWA. Join the seminar to learn more about:
- The need for Envision, and how it can be applied to any infrastructure project at any point in its lifecycle
- Triple-bottom-line sustainability and applications to the built environment
- Project processes and features that improve sustainability and resiliency
- Economic benefits of sustainable, resilient infrastructure
- How to advocate for sustainability on your projects and at your organization
Invited Speaker: Morgan Abbett is a civil engineer and sustainability consultant at HDR with a focus on water infrastructure. She helps teams integrate sustainability and resiliency into projects and programs in her local Bay Area, across the US, and internationally. The Institute for Sustainable Infrastructures Envision rating system is a topic of particular interest, as Morgan has worked on several verified projects and is an accredited Envision verifier and trainer. Morgan chairs the ASCE San Francisco Section Sustainability Committee, serves as secretary of Engineers Without Borders’ San Francisco Professional Chapter, and represents Young Professionals on the Board of HDRs Foundation.